Hi Mikael,

> Looking again at these, I'm wondering why you're not using
> the xmlns attributes for declaring namespaces.

Essentially because I was trying to avoid getting drawn into the whole
XML QNames in XML content argument. ;-)

See e.g. the comment by Ian Davis (on RDFa) here

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0067

and

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids.html

If this really is no longer an issue, then OK, we could change it.

Though I must admit it still feels "cleaner" to me to be able to
sidestep the interaction with XML Namespaces (which were not defined as
a means of abbreviating URIs) and use a mechanism defined by this XML
format, which I think is what the NewsML people did in the end too. See

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2006Jun/0081

> I know you
> don't want to use the CURIE specification directly, but even
> RDFa does use the xmlns attributes, see for example
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/#id2261651
>
> Using that would decrease the complexity somewhat.
>
> Also, there are still cases of dc-title and similar in the
> examples (should be dc:title).

OK, thanks. Sorry, will check them over. I changed that convention at
the last minute with a lot of global edits, so must have messed it up
:-(

Pete

---
Pete Johnston
Technical Researcher, Eduserv Foundation
Web: http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/people/petejohnston/
Weblog: http://efoundations.typepad.com/efoundations/
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0)1225 474323