From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Landau
Sent: Thu 23 August 2007 15:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] UTube video removed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Perry" <
To: <
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:26 PM

> In message
> <
> at 14:17:28 on Thu, 23 Aug 2007, POUNDER Chris
> <
[log in to unmask]> writes
>>The important factor is that the domestic purpose exemption is lost if
>>you post personal data on the Internet.
>>
>>This is a result of the Lindqvist case which is binding on the UK. It
>>means that the S.36 exemption has to be interpreted in the light of
>>Lindqvist
>
> Although I agree on the point of law, this would seem to have huge
> consequences for a wide range of videos on YouTube. Those showing school
> bullying [to bring in an LEA angle] where it's pretty clear the victim
> doesn't consent.

This is not a considered response - but my immediate reaction is "Good!".

Nick Landau

The Numbers Game
http://www.numbers-game.co.uk

Nick Landau's Profile on LinkedIn.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicklandau1

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

>>Corporate Disclaimer<<
the system manager.

Proofpoint for the presence of computer viruses using F-Secure
anti-virus software.

www.proofpoint.com
www.f-secure.com