You may remember the story a month or so ago about the Certificate
signed by the Home Secretary exempting police from the Data Protection
Act when accessing information from TfL's congestion charging cameras.
Having never seen a certificate such as this before, I looked around and
couldn't find a copy, so I made an FOI request to the Home Office for
one, and I received it yesterday.

I remain convinced that they could have done the same job within the DP
framework, but that's an argument for another time. The certificate I
have is a hard copy, but they should be putting it into the Home Office
disclosure log (the letter says that the certificate will be published
simultaneously with the release to me), so if you want to have a look at
it, keep your eye on the Home Office website. This probably won't be the
last time such a certificate is obtained, so watch that space.

Regards

Tim Turner
Data Protection / FOI officer
Legal and Property Services
Wigan Council

>>Corporate Disclaimer<<
the system manager.

Proofpoint for the presence of computer viruses using F-Secure
anti-virus software.

www.proofpoint.com
www.f-secure.com