Assuming the handwritten notes are retained as part of the personnel
file they would be likely to be Category E data under FOI and so
potentially disclosable under a SAR.  Given that the complainant has had
the information provided to them in typewritten form means they've
received their personal data.

The real issue here is the fact that requestors believe S7 entitles them
to documents.  It doesn't, it only entitles them to the information in
those documents that forms their personal data.  That said more often
than not the most practical and easy way to provide information is
through copies.

In my experience if the individual went to the ICO the ICO would likely
dismiss their complaint as they've had the information.  There may be
customer service issues but there are no issues under S7.

Happy Friday :)
Lee Gardiner
Records Manager
Department of Adult Services
Wigan MBC
x4140 or 01942 404140

Save Paper and the Planet - Do you really need to print this e-mail?