RESEARCH POST: SERVICE-ORIENTED COMPUTING AND REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING

City University, London
Centre for Human Computer Interaction Design
School of Informatics

Fixed-term for 6 months, Full-time
£30.5K to £35.5K pa inc

Committed to the highest quality of education, The City University has an impressive range of academic programmes that prepare over 20,000 students for professional life. Ideally located close to the City of London, our staff and students' backgrounds are diverse, our facilities are extensive and our academic research internationally recognised.

The EU-funded SeCSE Integrated Project is a ¤10m project that is researching service-centric systems engineering. The Research Assistant will join the project to undertake important formative and summative evaluation work alongside industrial development of existing software tools to evaluate advanced service discovery mechanisms as part of the Project, both in laboratory and industrial settings. Key partners include Lancaster University and the Politecnico di Milano, and Fiat, Telefonica, Engineering, and Computer Associates.

We are looking for a researcher who is capable of designing and running service retrieval experiments, and continuing the design, implementation and testing of SeCSE's requirements engineering environment. With a first degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline and a PhD or equivalent, you will have knowledge of similarity matching and service discovery theories and techniques and experimental and empirical evaluation methods and techniques. The ability to make academic presentations  and strong software development and design skills are essential.

Although this post is full-time, we will welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexible or part-time hours.

In return, we offer a comprehensive package of in-house staff training and development, and benefits that include a final salary pension scheme.

Actively working to promote equal opportunity and diversity

For more information and an application form, visit www.city.ac.uk/hr/jobs or write to Recruitment Team, HR Department, City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V OHB, quoting the job reference number SH/2222. Informal enquiries can be made directly to Professor Neil Maiden at [log in to unmask]

Closing Date: 6 September 2007

 Professor Neil Maiden            Tel: +44-20-7040-8412
 Head of Centre            Fax: +44-20-7040-8859
 Centre for HCI Design     E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
 City University                 http://hcid.soi.city.ac.uk/people/Neilmaiden.html
 Northampton Square
 London EC1V OHB