RESEARCH POST: SERVICE-ORIENTED COMPUTING AND REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING

City University, London
Centre for Human Computer Interaction Design
School of Informatics

Fixed-term for 6 months, Full-time
£30.5K to £35.5K pa inc

Committed to the highest quality of education,
The City University has an impressive range of
academic programmes that prepare over 20,000
students for professional life. Ideally located
close to the City of London, our staff and
students' backgrounds are diverse, our facilities
are extensive and our academic research
internationally recognised.

The EU-funded SeCSE Integrated Project is a ¤10m
project that is researching service-centric
systems engineering. The Research Assistant will
join the project to undertake important formative
and summative evaluation work alongside
industrial development of existing software tools
to evaluate advanced service discovery mechanisms
as part of the Project, both in laboratory and
industrial settings. Key partners include
Lancaster University and the Politecnico di
Milano, and Fiat, Telefonica, Engineering, and
Computer Associates.

We are looking for a researcher who is capable of
designing and running service retrieval
experiments, and continuing the design,
implementation and testing of SeCSE's
requirements engineering environment. With a
first degree or equivalent qualification in a
relevant discipline and a PhD or equivalent, you
will have knowledge of similarity matching and
service discovery theories and techniques and
experimental and empirical evaluation methods and
techniques. The ability to make academic
presentations  and strong software development
and design skills are essential.

Although this post is full-time, we will welcome
applications from candidates who wish to work
flexible or part-time hours.

In return, we offer a comprehensive package of
in-house staff training and development, and
benefits that include a final salary pension
scheme.

Actively working to promote equal opportunity and diversity

For more information and an application form,
visit www.city.ac.uk/hr/jobs or write to
Recruitment Team, HR Department, City University,
Northampton Square, London EC1V OHB, quoting the
job reference number SH/2222. Informal enquiries
can be made directly to Professor Neil Maiden at

Closing Date: 6 September 2007

  Professor Neil Maiden    	Tel: +44-20-7040-8412
  Head of Centre           	Fax: +44-20-7040-8859
  Centre for HCI Design    	E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
  City University
	http://hcid.soi.city.ac.uk/people/Neilmaiden.html
  Northampton Square
  London EC1V OHB