On 13/07/07, Paul Emsley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> i find the option to use the directories and projects i have defined for
> ccp4i in the coot file-selection menus rather VERY useful. now it turns
> out i do have quite a few projects defined in ccp4, and the list runs
> off the bottom of my screen in coot (while ccp4 breaks it over and
> starts a second column and a third ...). any chance ... ???

OK.  Will do. I need to use ccp4i more obviously :-) Or use a smaller
screen...

> and while you are at it ... would you still have an option to also use
> ccp4 aliases in coot on your 'to think about' list ? this would be quite
> a luxury ... you once said this might be possible ...

Yes.  That is a higher priority.

> ehem ... another idea ... would anybody else be interested in having a
> button to undisplay ALL maps at once in the display menu pop-up ???

You can do that yourself, sort of.  In future, you'll be able to add buttons
to the toolbar, for now this is a menu item.

(let ((menu (coot-menubar-menu "Extensions")))
  (add-simple-coot-menu-menuitem
   menu "Undisplay all maps"
   (lambda () (map (lambda (map) (set-map-displayed map 0)) (map-molecule-list)))))

Hi,

This sounds really good to me (after clicking through my molecules one by one for the nth time today).

Would it be possible to hook up buttons in the display manager to replace the labels "Molecules" and "Maps", and have the callback to toggle on or off the molecules or maps please?
http://smb.slac.stanford.edu/facilities/software/coot/display_scroll.jpg

It would be much more convenient and not use any more screen space than the current list.

Thanks for the great software,

Mark

Paul.

--