Hi Craig,

I think that the changes we were attempting to contribute to with the
manifesto statements included:

1)       address our own criticism of ourselves as community
psychologists that we do not sufficiently and openly both voice and act
on our commitments to global justice ( building on, for example,  Mark's
and Paul's links and writing that help to draw attention to the
complicity of psychologists in war and torture )

2)        attempt to establish a collectively statement from ourselves
as community psychologists  which we could draw on for example  to
provide press releases to make our concerns more public

3)       provoke discussion within the list around global issues, and
around our responsibilities as community psychologists to take a stance
on critical areas

4)       so that as community psychologists we can  take a more active
collective part in promoting a better world

I think, ironically given our shared concerns, that we struggle as a
group of critical community psychologists to act collectively and this
was an attempt to provide a framework in which to do so.

Is anyone out there who was not at Birmingham willing to support the
statements? Could we collectively adopt them?

Annie

Annie Mitchell

Clinical Director,

Doctorate in Clinical Psychology,

School of Applied Psychosocial Studies,

Faculty of Health and Social Work,

University of Plymouth,

Peninsula Allied Health Collaboration,

Derriford Road,

Plymouth,

Devon

PL6 8BH

Phone  Programme Administrators:
Jane Murch, Emma Hellingsworth

01752 233786

Please note I  work 3 days per week:

usually Monday, Tuesday & either Wednesday or Thursday.