From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rob
Gruninger
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 7:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Off Topic:crystallization in the presence of glycerol

Dear All,
I am working with a protein that requires 10% glycerol throughout the
purification to keep it soluble. I have been very worried that having
glycerol in my protein solution when I am trying to crystallize it will
prevent me from obtaining crystals. I am curious to see if others have
successfully obtained crystals of proteins that required glycerol to keep
them soluble and if so what concentration of glycerol could you use?
Should I be concerned about this or am I worrying too much?
Thanks for your input
Rob

--
Robert J.Gruninger B.Sc.