I 100% agree with Jordi Benach. However, the problem with idea is that
it requires the real images in question to exist. I am willing to take any bet
that they will never be shown to the public.*

Jordi Benach wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> 1) I think Ajees et al. should make available the raw diffraction images of
> the structure in paper that has caused so much literary commotion, unless
> they haven't already done so. Perhaps simply put them in an open ftp server?
>

> As I imagine, unless I have missed something, these diffraction images were
> obtained with grant money, so they should be available to the community.
> Isn't it?
>
> This would allow other scientists to evaluate them as much as they wanted
> and publish many more papers about the validity or falsehood of the
> conclusions drawn in the original and (now) infamous Ajees et al. paper.
> That's how Science -in my opinion- ought to be.

* I take into account that person taking the bet with me can always
ask for more time.

Zbyszek Otwinowski
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75390-8816
(214) 645 6385 (phone) (214) 645 6353 (fax)