IANAL, but I have been advised by lawyers in highly similar situations.

Publicly accusing someone of either criminal fraud and/or academic
fraud is serious business, and it is certainly something that could
get you prosecuted for criminal libel, as the accusation will likely
have the effect of seriously damaging the accused's reputation.  You
would basically have to prove in court that your accusations were in
fact true.