Hi folks

If you've recently downloaded a pre-built copy of Mosflm version 7.0.1 for
Intel Mac (including the universal binary) and been surprised by the need
for libgfortran.1.dylib, read on. Otherwise, feel free to ignore this!

It seems my attempts to produce a statically linked OS X executable with
gfortran weren't as successful as I thought! Although the executable was
(in a logical sense) statically linked, the linker put information in the
header suggesting that it required the dynamic library. This is wrong and
may be viewed as a linker bug.

However, I've now sorted out the problem and produced executables which do
link the libgfortran statically, and these replace the earlier copies.

If you've managed to run Mosflm version 7.0.1 on an Intel Mac there is no
need at all to download this executable, so you can ignore this. However,
if you've been stymied in your attempt to run it by being told that
/sw/lib//gcc4/lib/libgfortran.1.dylib doesn't exist, it is probably
worthwhile downloading this new executable.

have a nice weekend!

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH