Geraldine,
Well of course we're all horrified by the killing fest, this is a knee jerk reaction worthy of the Daily Mail.    If you censor one thing whose to be the judge of what else is to be censored?  It's a slippery slope - yes - no?  The judge will be faceless and tasteless and probably censor much work you laud and applaud.  Have you thought this through?

Geraldine
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Geraldine Monk
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 1:45 AM
Subject: How many deaths before...

Dunno dunno but with yet another killing -  it seems almost daily and the perpetrators and victims are getting younger - an 11 year old  playing footie today.

I've never been a believer of censorship but I'm beginning to change my mind.  When the absence of a father or a family that gives a damn is replaced by that load of evil invective clap-trap calling itself Gangsta Rap - or whatever it calls itself - with it's glorification of guns and violence and death and hatred of women (bitches as they like to call us) and homosexuals - and I suppose life generally I just wish we'd never allowed such evil to be aired.  Cool dudes making evil cool and entertaining.  One death would have been one too many but this is becoming commonplace and it's bloody scary and totally depressing - not least because we're almost getting used to it.  Oh another little one shot/stabbed to death on our doorstep - I'm losing track of how many this year alone.

Just some late night worries - and who wouldn't when we see our little ones - and they are our little ones - blowing each others brains out and stabbing each other to death.  What the hell is happening?  It's just too awful to contemplate.

G.