  From: mairead byrne
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:27 PM
  Subject: [-SPAM-] Netiquette

  Dear All,

  I'm posting the British + Irish Poets Welcome Message separately.  Please note the section on netiquette, especially:

  No harassment or ad hominem/ad feminam attacks on members or non-members, whether posted to the list or backchanneled.  No importing or redistribution of claims relating to arguments on other lists.

  This discussion began with Geraldine's lament for a murdered child, a lamentation I share.  The grief has shifted all too easily to a verbal attack on a fellow poet and the business of another list.
  It's horrible to read this stuff, and very destructive of the list.  As co-manager, I apologize to Jane.

  Mairead