these kind of cases are always very sad. for the family, the communities and for the nation involved as a whole. this is indisputable
but on a censorship issue.

"Young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority
Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one
For a punk mother fucker with a badge and a gun
To be beatin’ on, and throw in jail"  NWA

"As real as it seems the American Dream
Ain't nothing but another calculated schemes
To get us locked up shot up back in chains
To deny us of the future rob our names
Kept my history of mystery but now I see
The American Dream wasn't meant for me"
Tupac

"So me and my ace we got a taste
Of a muthafukers billy club he took his gun and
Put it to my head and said nigga start running
So tell me what's the next episode
Is he crazy, does he want to chase me and waste me"
NWA

"Let knowledge drop
Why should I be forced to play dumb?
I know where I came from so I'm going to claim some
But rocking to the top where the cream of the crop"
Tupac

"Goddamn your righteous hand
I eat innocent meat
The housewife I will beat
The prolife I will kill
What you won't do I will"
Marilyn Manson

"Our brains are on fire
with the feeling to kill
And it will not go away
until our dreams are fulfilled"
Metallica

"We use the pen not the gun
Cause we're number one
I'm not trying to say my style is better than yours
I'm just on some other shit
I'm all about the beats and the lyrics"
Jurassic 5

should we ban all music? just because it might not always have the right message? should we blame nirvana's "rape me" for all the rapes that happen in a country. or will we ban the likes of Saul Williams because he is anti government.

"the pledge to resist:
we believe that as people living in the united states it is our responsibility to resist the injustices done by our government in our names." Saul Williams

lets ban Irvine Welsh and Hunter S. Thompson because they are to blame for all the drug problems in the world. lets ban Burroughs because of his descriptions of sex with young boys.
lets ban the beach boys because of their connection to Charles Manson.

i am not an expert in any of the above topics or musical genres. they are just some views.
but i don't think you can blame music or any form of it for the death of a young boy.
 i just think it is too easy to blame music no matter what is says for the problems within a nation.

what kind of Rap do you listen to Geraldine?? because most of it nowadays seems to be about cars, money, and "bling"

listen to Jurassic 5, the spooks,  the fugees, Saul Williams to see some of the good sides of rap. even tupac(at times) and outkast ...the list goes on.

  in saying all this i have no doubt you (Geraldine) know this  already. and you are just badly affected by these very distressing situations.
for every half hour of bad news they should put on the same amount of good.

until then
Jimmy

www.defaultpublishing.com
"DE-FAULT, the two best words in the English language"