Hello,

I apologize profoundly for the annoyance.

You may or may not know who I am, and quite possibly I've no idea who you are either. If so, so we're quits, though it appears your address must be among my contacts.

I gather a friend fell for the same trick I did, and having joined this damned site hit an apparently innocuous button, thus spamming all his acquaintance, including me. Stupidly, I proceeded to do the same.

In any event, please forget it. I've no intention of remaining a member of this site, and I suggest you don't touch it with a bargepole either.

Again, my apologies.

Trevor

(Since I started writing this, I've received mails from several people saying they were caught by the same scam, which makes me feel only minimally less foolish.)