Apologies for cross-posting

1) 'Project Planning for Beginners'
The Archive Lottery Advisory Service will be running two one-day 'Project Planning for Beginners' courses this autumn.  These will take place at The British Library ( 9th October 2007) and MLA West Midlands, Birmingham (18th October 2007).  This event is designed for those working in archives with little or no previous experience of planning projects.

For more details and to download a booking form please go to the NCA website at
http://www.ncaonline.org.uk/archive_lottery_advisory_service/current_training/beginners_project_planning/

2) Heritage Lottery Fund 2008-2013
The Heritage Lottery Fund begins its new Strategic Plan covering the period 2008-2013 with new programmes open from 1 April 2008.  The document outlining their third strategic plan is downloadable from the HLF website at http://www.hlf.org.uk/English/MediaCentre/Archive/New+Vision.htm.  The strategic aims remain broadly the same as in the current plan, but there are some changes to programmes, in particular to the process for grant requests of over £50,000.  There is general information about these changes in the published plan and I will be providing further information via the NCA website shortly.

3) Grants of under £50,000
Until new application forms are published, no further of the regular 'Your Heritage' workshops will be scheduled.  However applicants wishing to apply for grants of under £50,000 under the existing programme (up until Jun 08) can still contact me for written, email, telephone advice and applications can be reviewed free of charge.  In addition a one-to-one version of the workshop can be run, if required, for a flat fee of £50.  For more information please see the NCA website at http://www.ncaonline.org.uk/archive_lottery_advisory_service/current_training/your_heritage

If you would like further information about the training events or changes to HLF programmes, or you would like to discuss your own project plans then please feel free to contact me.  I am always happy to talk to any organisation in the UK planning a project with an archive element.

Louise Ray
Archive Lottery Adviser
National Council on Archives

c/o The National Archives
Ruskin Avenue
Kew, Richmond
Surrey
TW9 4DU
Direct Line: 020 8392 5347
Email: [log in to unmask]

www.ncaonline.org.uk/lottery.html

This post is jointly supported by The National Archives, the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council and The National Council on Archives

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.