The following vacancies will be advertised in ARC recruitment.  Please bring them to the attention of anyone you feel will be interested.

We gratefully acknowledge the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund and a range of local and national partners for the Outside the Box project.

Warwickshire County Record Office
Adult, Health and Community Services

Outside the Box: the Waller Archive

A two-year project to catalogue, conserve and enhance access to the archives of the Waller family of Woodcote, Warwickshire

Warwickshire County Record Office is delighted to announce this innovative project which combines traditional cataloguing and preservation components with ambitious audience development and outreach initiatives.  The centrepiece of the project is the Waller family of Woodcote archive, a marvellous collection of family and estate records dating back to the 12th century

We wish to put together an enthusiastic and ambitious team, committed to turning the project’s aspirations into reality, working with partners, community groups, the public and our core staff.

Project Manager  £26,928 - £28,221 pro rata (pay award pending)
Fixed term contract: 20 hours per week for 22 months.

The Outside the Box project is complex, involving a number of internal and external partners and funding agencies, as well as a range of activities.  We are looking for a graduate with experience of working in a heritage environment, and of successfully managing a large and or complex project against an agreed plan and budget.  You will have a proven track record of supporting innovation and turning creative ideas into deliverable outcomes, and will be able to enthuse and motivate a diverse team of project staff.

Senior Cataloguer / Researcher.  £25,437 to £26,928 (pay award pending)
Fixed term contract:  37 hours per week for 12 months

The Waller collection dates back to the 12th century, and is currently only partially catalogued.  We are looking for a qualified archivist with practical experience and competence in reading, understanding, interpreting and cataloguing the records of a complex family and estate collection, including Medieval Latin deeds.  You will enjoy the challenge of making historic contextual information accessible to a diverse audience, and will be familiar with cataloguing into CALM for Archives.

Conservation Assistant (Waller project)  £11,193 to £15,825 (pay award pending)
Fixed term contract:  37 hours per week for 12 months

The project includes the cleaning and re-packaging of the Waller archive under the supervision of the County Record Office’s Senior Conservator.  We are looking for someone with a sensitive approach to the handling of archives, manual dexterity and an ability to demonstrate preservation tasks to the public.  Experience of basic preservation and conservation techniques would be highly desirable, and the successful candidate will be offered a salary within the above range to reflect the level of relevant experience and skills in this field.

Conservation Assistant   £11,193 to £15,825 pro rata (pay award pending)
Fixed term contract:  15 hours per week for 12 months

The County Record Office’s Senior Conservator will be seconded on a part-time basis to the Outside The Box project.  We are therefore advertising this part-time conservation assistant post will cover some of her basic preservation and conservation duties in order to keep our Conservation and Reprographics Unit operating smoothly.  You will have a sensitive approach to the handling of archives, and be able to demonstrate a high degree of manual dexterity and attention to detail.

For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Sampson, Head of Heritage and Culture (Archives), on 01926 738950.

For recruitment packs and further details, please contact Mary Wilson at Warwickshire County Record Office, Priory Park, Cape Road, Warwick,
CV34 4JS.  Tel: 01926 738951. Email: [log in to unmask]
Please state clearly which post you are interested in.

Closing Date for all posts:  12th September 2007
Interview Dates:  Project Manager 26th September 2007
      Senior Cataloguer/Researcher 25th September 2007
      Conservation Assistants 3rd October 2007