Dear Christiane

It is a long time since I was involved in pollen extraction techniques,
but if your remaining non-pollen content is minerogenic you could try
other heavy liquids/relative densities - I had some success in the late
1980s using zinc chloride with  relative density of 1.9. If your
remaining non-pollen content is organic, could it not be considered
contemporary with the pollen and AMS dated on the humic acid, rather
like a peat sample?

Just a thought
Duncan

Hale, DN, & Noel, MJ (1991) Some quantitative pollen extraction tests
leading to a modified technique for cave sediments. In, /Archaeological
Sciences 1989, Proceedings of a conference on the application of
scientific techniques to archaeology, Bradford, September 1989/ (eds.
Budd, P, Chapman, B, Jackson, C, Janaway, RC, & Ottoway, B), Oxbow
Monograph 9, 319-324,  Oxford.

Duncan Hale
Project Manager
ARCHAEOLOGICAL SERVICES