I thought people might be interested in this piece of controversy I have been
forwarded, comments welcome

Begin forwarded message:

a group of barnard alumni have drafted an online petition to deny
professor abu el-haj tenure because of her work examining the
relationship between the discipline of archeology and the
construction of israeli nationalism. attached is a link to an
article in the chronicle about it as well as a petition in support
of professor abu el-haj. please forward widely.

nadia latif.

----- Forwarded message from Laleh Khalili <[log in to unmask]>

http://www.petitiononline.com/Barnard2/petition.html

please pass along, with the Chronicle article:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/2866/alumni-group-seeks-to-deny-
tenure-to-middle-eastern-scholar-at-barnard-college

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Umberto Albarella
Department of Archaeology

"There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way".