Dear Sam,

A few years ago I organised a dental statistics group. Apart from
corresponding informally between ourselves, we conducted a study of dental
statistics teaching in the UK and ROI.

[Smeeton N. (2002) Undergraduate courses in dental statistics in Britain
and Ireland. Statistics Education Research Journal 1(2) 45-48.]

With the encouragement of various members, I produced an introductory
statistics text specifically aimed at dental students. [Smeeton N.C. (2005)
Dental Statistics Made Easy. Radcliffe Publishing: Abingdon (168pp).]

Due to other pressures such as the RAE, I suspect, the group then sadly
'wound down' but we were around 20 in number. There are certainly some
enthusiastic dental statistics teachers around.

Best wishes,

Nigel Smeeton

With At 13:00 06/08/2007, you wrote:
>I have a background in medical statistics, but have just taken up a new
>position at Bristol Dental School, and am the only statistician based
>here. I am interested in starting to make links with other dental
>statisticians, and was wondering if any such group exists that I could
>perhaps become part of.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
>

>Dr Sam Leary
>Lecturer in Statistics
>Department of Oral and Dental Science
>Bristol Dental School
>Lower Maudlin Street
>Bristol
>BS1 2LY
>Tel 0117 928 3264
>Fax 0117 929 9898
>E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Nigel Smeeton
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
King's College London
Department of Public Health Sciences
Division of Health and Social Care Research
7th Floor Capital House
42 Weston Street
London SE1 3QD, UK

tel no. 020 7848 6622
fax no. 020 7848 6620
[Room 714 - 7th Floor]
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/medicine/research/hscr/smeeton.html

*This e-mail represents the personal views of the author(s) and not
necessarily those of King's College London*