After I wrote the last post I have been looking at report.log files and, if I followed things correctly,
found something that could spell trouble... or not? I would appreciate it if you could advise on the
following:

To summarize: I am asking for post-stats  on FEAT directories, say A.feat, B.feat and C.feat which
ONLY include pre-stat+stats results in them. Mind you, said .feat directories represent analyses
on different data and with different parameters. I wanted to perform the same post-stats on these
.feat directories, so I set them to run all at once (and selected the Copy original FEAT directory..."
option under the MISC tab).

Here's the interesting part:
 I noticed that the report.log from the A+.feat directory has at the beginning a call to /bin/cp
which copies some design.fsf file from /tmp (with weird names such as feat_J8YQFe.fsf) into the
current directory. So far that seems OK, but... in the report.log from the B+.feat directory I notice
that /bin/cp is now invoked to copy the design.fsf file from the A+.feat into the B+.feat directory.
Same happens when the C+.feat gets created... apparently gets copied from the B+.feat directory.

Is this of any concern, considering A, B and C are different data/analysis parameters?

Should I instead only group studies for "en masse" post-stats that are compatible in their
design.fsf?

Many thanks for the help!