From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Jacobs - Marty
Sent: 09 July 2007 20:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] Does anyone have any experience of Drupal?

Yeah, didn't mean to suggest you couldn't use Moodle to deliver your
school website, I just don't think its a good idea IMHO. I'm aware of
the CMS plugin, but I don't really like the way it does things.

We don't need SSO with the website because students don't need to login
to it (that's what Moodle is for). However, this could be easily
achieved (I'm kinda doing SSO by using ldap to allow staff to edit some
of the web pages).

The big advantage that Drupal has over Moodle/CMS module is that it has
a very powerful taxonomy module that takes a lot of the pain out of
setting up hyperlinks, doing most of it automatically for you.

Like Niki mentioned, what tools you use and how you use them should be
dictated by your institutions targets. If Moodle doesn't do something
nicely, we shouldn't just make the shoe fit.

Marty