Hi Chris,

 > Hmmm, that's possibly non-optimal. The other option I'd come up with was
 > to use the same queues and hack whatever does the "qsub" to add --l
 > nodes=sl[34]-prod to get the right resource request. Is that feasable,
 > does anyone know what I'd have to hack?

on the glite CE it is /opt/glite/bin/pbs_submit.sh

I'm testing how to pass arguments job arguments to pbs. Part of the
testing means also to write the script that does the translation.
Developers claim it is too difficult because there is no standard way to
call things in pbs. I thought they referred to the memory parameter
which can be expressed in bytes and words but if we go beyond that they
are also referring to class of nodes names. For example your
nodes=sl[34]-prod is not standard it is your way to call a class of
nodes which could be mapped for example to
GlueHostOperatingSystemName for example.

I think after I tested the functionality is there. There is some work to
do on the standardisation of names if we want more than memory
requirements to be passed to the batch system.

Any comment?

cheers
alessandra

--