I am analysing some EPI data which appears in radiological convention when imported into SPM.  Because the SPM templates are in neurological convention, it seems important to reorient these images during the pre-processing.  By browsing the archives for this mailing list, I have learned that reorientation can be achieved during normalisation if the defaults.analyze.flip is changed from 1 to 0.  I have tested this, and it appears to work perfectly.  Before renormalising my data using this altered setting, I would greatly appreciate it if someone can reassure me a) that this is the correct procedure, and b) that no other steps need be taken, e.g.. the data can be analysed as usual after flipping, and outputs will be neurological.

many thanks,
Penny