From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Thomas Stephan
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] spm_select without GUI. .

Dear List,

we try to use spm_select to  gather files for batch-mode processing
without using the GUI. In SPM2 we used to use spm_get which provided us
with a list of e.g. all the image files in a directory. We managed to do
this with spm_select and a few matlab commands that add the path
information to the file names. However, spm_select does not append the
frame information at the end of the filenames (e.g. ',1' for 3D files,
',n' for 4D files).

How can we force spm_select to produce a list of frames similar to the
lists it generates when using the GUI?

Using this command:
[files,dirs]=spm_select('List',dirn,fmask,'1:80')

gives this result:
files =

s004a001.nii

based on the help from spm_select, we thought that the command above
should give us a list like:
s004a001.nii,1
s004a001.nii,2
s004a001.nii,3

We also tried to use the 'Filter' option on the list of files, without
success.

Best regards
Thomas Stephan