Hi Jorge,

> I'm trying to co-registrate an MRI image with a
> Siemens CT-PET using the coregistrate option of SPM
> but I can't. The program returns this message:
>
> Undefined function or variable "ibig"

This variable is used in the optimisation routine, spm_powell.m; from
a quick glance, I think the problem of it possibly being undefined
exists only in SPM2, both SPM5 and SPM99 (where powell is a
subfunction of spm_mireg.m) define it before first use. You might want
to try using the SPM5 version of this code, if not SPM5 altogether...
It's probably simple to change SPM2's version to pre-define the
variable, but I don't have time to check properly what value it should
be defined to (probably numel(p) as in SPM5, but take care!).

> Do this option need some overlap between the images to
> function? because my 3D images origins are very
> distants.

Not sure, but it would probably help. Under SPM5, you could use Check
Reg, right-click and select the reorient image option; under SPM2, I
think if you load each image with Display you can roughly align their
origins.

Hope that helps,
Ged.