Hi Thomas,

> [...] spm_select does not append the frame information at the
> end of the filenames (e.g. ',1' for 3D files, ',n' for 4D files).

I found this too (with updates 826). Try the version of spm_select
that I've put here:
   http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/gridgway/vbm/spm_select.m
with the additional 'ExtList' option. (you might want to save this as
spm_select_mod.m or similar, or at least, back up your original.)

I've also added FPList and ExtFPList options to add the full path, as
has been complained about on the list before.

It's not thoroughly tested, but:
   [files dirs] = spm_select('ExtList', direc, 'blah', 3:5)
   [files dirs] = spm_select('ExtFPList', direc, 'blah', 3:5)
both do what I expect them to on an example directory.

Let me know of any problems you find. Hopefully something similar to
this version can make it into the official release...

Best,
Ged.