Hi,
I am currenly dealing  with SPM5 for fmri data analysis. We have .dcm extension data, I converted them to analyze(.img, .hdr) format succesfully. I am going through steps given in the fmri analysis manual at the web  page http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/data/face_rep_SPM5.html with name spm_face.pdf.
However, the manual goes through the usage of the software according to example data set given in the same page above. In the example data set there are files
sots.mat
all-conditions.mat
rawepi.tar.gz
structural.tar.gz
The problem is that I have only the fmri images and their headers. Could you please send me some information about what is written in the above files, and what can I do to convert my data to the example data format.
Thanks alot

Yasar Kemal Alp
Research and Teaching Assistant
Bilkent University
Electrical and Elekcronics Enginnering Department