Jim Al-Khalili is too bashful to post this himself – but I shall certainly be looking out for it:

Announcing a major new TV series on BBC4 this summer:

ATOM,
Presented by Jim Al-Khalili

Episode 1 – 26 July, 9pm
Episode 2 – 2 August, 9pm
Episode 3 – 9 August, 9pm

The physicist Richard Feynman once said that if all scientific knowledge were about to expire then the one fact he would want to leave for future generations is that ‘Everything is made of atoms’. The story of mankind’s journey to discovering this fact is a remarkable one. And as scientists delved deep into the atom they unravelled some of nature’s most shocking secrets. In the process, they created a whole new science that today underpins most of physics, chemistry and biology. This landmark three part series is the story of that journey. It is presented by recent Faraday Prize winner Professor Jim Al-Khalili.

Watch a trailer on YouTube (search for “BBC4 ATOM”)

Or go to the website: http://senpaul.googlepages.com/atom

If anyone else has TV or radio programmes coming up, please let me know so I can list it in BBC Focus magazine! 2 months before transmission if you can.

cheers

Timandra Harkness

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message: set psci-com nomail 2. To resume email from the list, send the following message: set psci-com mail 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message: leave psci-com 4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html 5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk **********************************************************************