The BA Festival of Science will be visiting York this September. The Festival is returning to its roots 176 years after it first took place in the city of York in 1831. The programme is jam packed with over 200 events and activities taking place on the University of York campus and across the city. Here are just a few highlights...

Robert Winston appears not once but twice, talking about his life and career in the Man, the media and making babies and also about transgenics when he leads a panel discussion on Altering the genome of large animals.

Broadcaster Sue Nelson hosts a lively discussion called the x-change which offers a daily roundup of each day's events, featuring the day's best speakers and a variety of entertainment.

For a feast of yuck, gore and more, join author of the Horrible Science books, Nick Arnold, as he takes to the stage of the Theatre Royal.

Check out the entire programme and book online at www.the-ba.net/festivalofscience

As part of this year’s Festival, we have launched a National Personality Survey in partnership with psychologist and author, Daniel Nettle. The results will be announced and discussed at the Festival as we are taken on a tour through the science of human personality, looking at the 'big five' types of personality.

If you want to take part in the survey and find out what personality type you are go to www.the-ba.net/personality

If anyone on the list, especially in the Yorkshire area, would be willing to display some of our Personality Survey leaflets in their venue for the public, please contact me off list: [log in to unmask] or 020 7019 4941.

The science of chocolate, an anti-gravity challenge and the latest scientific research: the BA Festival of Science is coming to York from 9-15 September. With over 200 events and exhibitions, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Visit www.the-ba.net/festivalofscience to search the programme online, book tickets and find out more about our hosts for 2007 – the University and City of York. Plus, find out whether you’re a worrier, a wanderer, a poet or controller by completing our online questionnaire at www.the-ba.net/personality.

Natalie Ireland
Festival of Science Officer
the BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4941
F: +44 (0)870 770 7102
Website: www.the-ba.net

Registered charity with the Charity Commission: No 212479

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on
behalf of the BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)