Sonnet:  Seven Years Later

Has it really been that long? murmured the president.
The terrace into the courtyard of Castle Bleach.com
had been built during the time of random vicissitudes,
months and years of war that had battered down ramparts

meant to withstand ages of unfounded criticisms and
congressional oversights. Over at Foggy Bottoms
they tell me we ought to do more diplomacy and less
brush chopping. Honey, stop fretting and pacing

and come back to bed, said mrs. president. You know
that tomorrow you have to start writing your memoirs.
That new Nintendo’s doing well. They never give you
credit enough for that. Maybe you should start blogging,

take your case right to the peoples. Great idea! exclaimed
the president. The internets is really the place I wanna be.

Hal

Halvard Johnson
http://home.earthlink.net/~halvard/index.html
http://entropyandme.blogspot.com