----- Original Message -----
From: "andrew burke" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: 3 poems

Fred - I am reading and rereading these - great style and
thought-provoking juxtapositions of imagery through a taut syntax
(especially in Step on a Crack). The final one is the instantly
clearest, and very enjoyable. In Bonbon, I'd like a more concrete
application of whse migration, but maybe you left it open to applu
universally (a la Beckett). In Step, the asterik didn't quite indicate
where the italics begin and end for me. I'm a bit confused about what
is quoted and what is not at the beginning.

As always, I am a flawed reader, so forgive any lack of insight!

Andrew

I use one asterisk to indicate that the following word is italicized.  Two
asterisks surround an italicized phrase or sentence.  WHY don't emails allow
italics?  In "Bonbon" it's a migration of birds but there are a lot of them.
More than in our era.  (Like the passenger pigeons whose flights once turned
day to night on the Midwest prairies.  All extinct now.)

--
Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/