Ben Mazer is editing the complete Tuckerman.

Barry Alpert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Can't say I know which were the standard anthologies. Scott Momaday's 1965
Oxford UP edition of the complete Tuckerman couldn't be ignored when I was
at Stanford. I just retrieved my copy of "Jonas Very: Selected Poems"
Rutgers UP, 1966, though perhaps a year ago I didn't get very far when I
tried to read it. Suspect poems by Tuckerman & Very may be in Winters &
Fields' 1968 anthology "Quest for Reality".

Barry

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:25:36 -0400, Mark Weiss
wrote:

>They must have seemed pretty odd at the time. Did either of them make
>it into any of the standard anthologies?
>
>Mark
>
>At 10:18 AM 7/2/2007, you wrote:
>>Yvor Winters once wrote:
>>
>>"F.G. Tuckerman was one of the three most remarkable poets of the
>>nineteenth century. The others were Jonas Very and Emily Dickinson."
>>
>>Since I had never heard of Tuckerman & Very when I encountered this
dictum,
>>I probably responded with laughter, though later I learned there were
quite
>>a number of true believers. N. Scott Momaday was one, and I suspect poet
>>laureates Robert Pinsky and Robert Hass were too, at least for a while.
>>Nineteenth century American lit was never my field, but even today I own
>>editions of the work of Very and Tuckerman, at least partly because I
>>respect the collectibility of the Wintersians, no matter how odd some of
>>the evaluations may seem today.
>>
>>Barry Alpert

Building a website is a piece of cake.