  From: Madeleine Gray
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:41 PM
  Subject: Re: [M-R] Leonard of Noblac and leprosy

  A student of mine has been working on a database of medieval hospitals in Britain and has come across a remarkable correlation between St Leonard and leprosaria. Nothing in Leonard's life seems to explain this. I once came across a reference to the cult of Leonard of Noblac being brought to Britain by the Templars, which might explain an initial connection,  but I don't have any more information than that. Has anyone else got any ideas?

  Maddy

  Dr Madeleine Gray
  Head of History
  School of Education/Ysgol Addysg
  University of Wales, Newport/Prifysgol Cymru, Casnewydd
  Caerleon Campus/Campws Caerllion, PO /Blwch Post 179
  Newport/Casnewydd  NP18 3YG Tel: +44 (0)1633.432675

  'You may not be able to change the world but at least you can embarrass the guilty'
  (Jessica Mitford)

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]