Hi David,

I know of a medical charity that has started Facebook accounts, and will email someone there to ask about their experiences.

My first question is whether you've thought about the sustainability issues, both in terms of preservation of content, and in particular the highly trend-driven nature of these sites.  Will you still maintain an account with Facebook when the next social networking site becomes the most popular?  If anyone started a MySpace account for their organisation I'd be interested to see how their usage/interaction figures have changed over time.

A better way to engage with users in the Facebook demographic might be making catalogue paintings available via a Facebook application now that they've opened up their Facebook Platform.  More information about the Facebook Platform is available at http://developers.facebook.com/.

cheers, Mia

Mia Ridge
Database Developer, Museum Systems Team
Museum of London Group