Dear all,

This morning I was asked to set up a Facebook account for our organisation,
the Public Catalgoue Foundation. I have a personal account with Facebook,
but I would like to know if anyone has setup or thought about creating a
similar account for their organisation and what your own
experiences/concerns/problems/successes etc. were.

In case you are unaware of the project, we are publishing a series of
county-by-county catalogues that feature reproductions of oil paintings in
publicly-owned collections across the UK. In the not-too-distant future we
will be publishing all the catalogue paintings on a free website

I believe that my superiors wish to use Facebook to attract a younger
audience and raise our profile with more web-savvy people as a step towards
the online PCF in a few years time.

There are obviously hundreds of issues that this raises, but I would like to
know if anyone has setup or thought about creating a similar account for
their organisation and what your own experiences/concerns/problems/successes
etc. were before I create an Facebook account for our organisation.

Please feel free to email me off-list, or at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

David.