In message
.uk>, "Ottevanger, Jeremy" <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Good point, I can bring in my Word documents to OO and use his filters
>instead. I had no intention of doing anything so mentally demanding
>anyway, to be honest! However I must investigate further MS Word's own
>capabilities for mapping styles to custom schemas - I've found it pretty
>useful and very easy in Excel so hopefully Word can do a lot more than I
>currently ask it to.

This reminds me.  Another general point about this game ("make my random
documents into information resources" - great fun for rainy summer
afternoons) is that you can get _so_ much more value from your source
documents if they use named styles rather than ad hoc font and layout
settings.  The challenge has always been to get document writers to use
styles, and to use them consistently.

Richard
--
Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy