Dear all,

I am planning to write up a collection managment / development policy
for the library. I intend to include guidelines on weeding in this too
and I am aware of some guidelines on this. However I would be interested
to read of any collection management / development policies that library
managers have written and would be happy to share. I have made a start
on my own which includes for example procedures for selecting and
ordering books /  AV resources, procedures service users should follow
when requesting new stock, staff and user groups we should consult etc.
Any help / information gratefully received.

Many thanks
Stephen

Stephen Molloy
Librarian