Hi,

In theory you can recover just the bare proxy from the MyProxy server and then use voms-proxy-init to voms it ... but for some of the older GT2 components the resulting proxy is to big (there's an unsolved GGUS thicket about this - https://gus.fzk.de/pages/ticket_details.php?ticket=13499).

So (from the ticket) I can upload a proxy to the myproxy server:

myproxy-init -l chrisbrew -r 'chris brew'

Use a current certificate and a passphrase to recover it:

myproxy-get-delegation -l chrisbrew

And then the following command will add a VOMS extenstion to the certificate:

voms-proxy-init --voms babar: --key $X509_USER_PROXY -cert $X509_USER_PROXY

Like so:

voms-proxy-info -all
subject : /C=UK/O=eScience/OU=CLRC/L=RAL/CN=chris brew/CN=proxy/CN=proxy/CN=proxy/CN=proxy
issuer : /C=UK/O=eScience/OU=CLRC/L=RAL/CN=chris brew/CN=proxy/CN=proxy/CN=proxy
identity : /C=UK/O=eScience/OU=CLRC/L=RAL/CN=chris brew/CN=proxy/CN=proxy/CN=proxy
type : unknown
strength : 512 bits
path : /tmp/x509up_u24431
timeleft : 23:59:21
VO : babar
subject : /C=UK/O=eScience/OU=CLRC/L=RAL/CN=chris brew
issuer : [log in to unmask]
attribute : /babar/Role=NULL/Capability=NULL
timeleft : 23:59:53

I seem to remember that for data access (at least to dCache and DPM, though ot to the classic SE) it worked but job submission with the lcg-CE still relied on the GT2 gridftp server which doesn't.

As more things start to use GT4 I belive this should work.

Yours,
Chris Brew.