Has any though been given to a ukfederation branding? I've had a go at
using the shib logo to try and "brand" the experience and our login has
had the shib gryphon on it for a year or so. This is an effort to try
and get some visual cues to the user to try and tie the "goto site >>
redirect >> wayf >> login >> redirect >> back to site" process together
by having some kind of consistent graphic on it.  I know the issues
about site trust and users should be looking at ssl certs to know they
are loggin in at a proper site and not a phising scan. Realistically
most of users operate at the visual level of "this looks kosher" and
will continue to do so no matter how much we tell them not to. A graphic
or branding would help.

I'de like to stick a "member of the uk federation" branding on our login
page. This would go a longer way in educating users that they are part
of the ukfederation than any email or web page explanation will ever
achieve.  I'm going to write the pages and send the emails anyway but
the branding would be the successful method.

Regards

Cal

TRLs]

 >> > With so many possible variants of authentication
 >> > methods (Classic Athens, AthensDA, UK Federation via
 >> institutional IdP, UK
 >> > Federation via Athens-to-Shibboleth gateway, non-UK
 >> Federation), many
 >> users
 >> > would just not know which login button to choose in the
 >> first scenario.
 >> > Describing how the user should choose correctly would be a
 >> nightmare.
 >>
 >> Yes, in the abstract.  However, isn't any particular user likely
 >> to be told (locally on site) to "do <this>" to access a particular
 >> resource?
 >>

 >I think we should try to make things as clear for the users as
possible,
 >and not rely on them having been told to follow a route that they
don't
 >necessarily understand. Would any user understand why they had to
change
 >from using an "Athens" button to a "UK Federation" button when the SP
 >removed their native Athens interface and their institution started
using
 >the Athens-to-Shibboleth gateway, only to be taken back (eventually)
 >the same Athens login page ?
 >
 >> > It's likely that we will adopt the solution of a customised
 >> WAYF for all
 >> > users for remote login to the MIMAS CrossFire service when
 >> we release the
 >> UK
 >> > Federation route to CrossFire shortly. We will have to keep
 >> a record of
 >> > which institutions are using which authentication route so
 >> that we can
 >> > present the correct one to the user, but that's not too
 >> difficult with a
 >> > service like Crossfire where we have a limited number (about 80)
of