Hi Dan

I can't find it, but what I gave to Don the first time round if he
still has it might be a good start?

But this time it might be worth getting as many HER's as possible to
support the aim to give it a bit more weight? Probably possible through
this list?

If Don can't find the text I'll see if I can come up with some again as
a starting point, if you like.

best wishes

Nick Boldrini
Historic Environment Record Officer
Heritage and Environment Section
Development and Countryside Service
Business and Environmental Services Directorate
North Yorkshire County Council
County Hall
Northallerton
DL7 8AH
Direct Dial (01609) 532331

Conserving North Yorkshire's heritage - encouraging sustainable access
www.northyorks.gov.uk/archaeology

This email is personal. It is not authorised by or sent on behalf of
North Yorkshire
County Council, however, the Council has the right and does inspect
emails sent from
and to its computer system. This email is the sole responsibility of
the sender

>>> Dan Hull <[log in to unmask]> 20/07/2007 11:53 >>>
It might be useful to make a representation to SCFA (the Standing
Committee for Archaeology), who have two meetings a year attended by a
representative from each university archaeology department. The next
meeting will be on October 25. Can I suggest someone puts together a
paragraph or so summarising this issue that either Don Henson or I can
then make sure is discussed?

Don tells me that the issue of undergrad/postgrad theses using HER
data
and not then being deposited with them has been raised at SCFA before,
but it would be worth doing so again perhaps...

Dan.
Dr Dan Hull
Head of Information & Communications

WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily the view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.