Archive Programme Manager – (REF APM 07)
26-07-2007

c. £34,000 Full time – 36 hours per week

MLA London is the strategic regional development agency for museums, libraries and archives.  We lead sector development through advocacy, policy, strategy and capacity building. London is home to the richest collection of museums, libraries and archives anywhere in the world with over 100 million visits per year. Our goal is to ensure that these unique cultural, knowledge and learning resources are unlocked and made accessible for everyone.

We wish to appoint an Archive Programme Manager to lead and support the development of the archive domain in London. You will work closely with the archive networks in London and with individual archive services to identify and implement archive service development priorities in London. You will lead the regional roll out of the MLA Partnership's national Action for Archives programme, and will review and develop MLA London's strategy for archives, On The Record, beyond 2008.

A good knowledge and understanding of the archive domain in London is essential. You will have knowledge of current policy themes in the museum, libraries and, especially, the archives sector including learning and skills, access, diversity and inclusion, marketing, standards and workforce development. You will also have strong project management, people and partnership building skills.

The closing date for receipt of applications is at: 12 noon, Monday 20th August 2007.  Interviews are likely to take place on Monday 3rd September 2007.

 Details can be found at:

   www.mlalondon.org.uk .

www.mlalondon.org.uk/lmal/index.cfm?ArticleID=1295&NavigationID=241.