On 19 Jul 2007, at 16:04, Suzanna Laycock wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to get the orientation correct on my data, and am struggling.

I've reorientated my data using avwswapdim, so that the L-R, A-P and I-S axes are the same as the avg152T1_LR_marked image, although the x-mm increases when moving from the right to left side of the brain.

I did this by swaping the y-axis, so I also changed the y axis in the bvecs, by changing the sign (multipying through by -1).

However, having run DTIFit, and following the tutorial instructions, the V1 lines aren't going in the correct direction…i.e. the corpus callosum doesn't seem to be connecting the two halves of the brain!

I've tried changing x=y, etc, but this changes everything in FSLView (as expected).  Where am I going wrong!!

I've taken a liberty and unloaded the files, in case there's a simple thing that I'm doing wrong (number 991754, data.zip)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Take care
Suzanna

Miss Suzanna K. Laycock
Postgraduate Student
Department of Psychology and Academic Unit of Radiology
Weston Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
Phone: (0114) 22 26579
Email: [log in to unmask]

Saad Jbabdi,
Postdoctoral Research Assistant,
Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222545  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~saad