Thank you, Steve.

Is it a problem for FEAT if there is a limited FoV in the EPI data? Anything you can think about I should check or need to consider in this regard?

Thanks a lot!

Sandy

Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

On 9 Jul 2007, at 17:20, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am am running FSL 3.3 and have the following two questions, which
> might be silly, but nevertheless I can't answer for myself.
>
> 1. When defining the input 4D data set during a firdt level
> analysis, I get the following warning:
> "Warning - have auto-set BET preprocessing option and/or
> registration DoF on the basis of image fields; check settings"
>
> Any idea why this is coming up. Is this warning important?

This is probably because you have limited field-of-view in your data,
probably in the Z direction.

> In the design setup, I have "BET brain extraction" selected, and
> "main structural image" for registration is skull-stripped.
>
> 2. For a different analysis I want to display the 1stlevel results
> on the high-res anatomical of the individual subject without
> distorting the high-res structural in any way. Under "Registration"
> I have selected only "Standard Space" and have supplied the high-
> res skull-stripped structural MRI of that subject. Other options
> are linear normal search. I obviously want to do rigid-body
> registration only, so I select DOF = 6. But for some reason FSL
> seems tyo default back onto DOF = 7. What is the difference here?
> Would you recommend 6 or 7 DOFs?

It probably doesn't matter. You could try both, but either should be
ok if your EPI is well calibrated in the same way as the structural.

Cheers.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Sandy
>

> The fish are biting.

---
Associate Director, Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726 (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask] http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve
---