On 12/7/07 12:39, "Mark Jenkinson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes - sigloss is not the most accurate estimate of signal loss as it
> only accounts for
> the through-slice component of the signal loss, and does this assuming a
> perfect
> slice profile.  The main use it has in FSL is to provide some simple
> deweighting
> in the FUGUE steps within FEAT.  For this we threshold on the signal
> loss image
> in a conservative way so that we are relatively sure of ignoring areas
> for registration
> purposes where the signal loss is substantial.
>
> I'd be interested to know what use you put sigloss to.

Cheating! I wrote a pulse sequence to do interleaved SE/ASE images, and post
processing of multi-channel data. When I was giving a talk about it, I used
sigloss & fugue to fool the audience into thinking the magnitude image from
the spin echo was an EPI.
As well of course, using it in the distortion correction processing chain.

DAe