Hi - I guess you had a very old unpatched version of FSL3.3 as this
bug was fixed a long time ago - sorry!

The latest version now has in it the test for whether tmpnam has been
set - and just to be extra safe, for the next release, I've just
added a "cd /tmp" before the deletion.

Cheers, Steve.

On 27 Jul 2007, at 00:14, Torsten Rohlfing wrote:

> Hi there --
>
> I have a suggestion: maybe the last line in $FSLDIR/bin/fast, "rm -rf
> ${tmpbase}*" is not such a great idea. Somehow, $FSLDIR/bin/tmpnam
> didn't work on one of my machines. Not idea what exactly happened, but
> it apparently returned an empty string. You are probably guessing what
> happened next -- I lost an entire project filesystem with some 30GB of
> data. Well, I didn't really lose anything, thanks to nightly backup
> images, that's the good news :)
>
> Anyway, how about making sure $tmpbase is actually defined and not
> empty
> before calling rm? Might save someone else who's not so lucky a
> world of
> pain.
>
> Best,
>  Torsten
>
> --
> Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
> Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA
> 94025
>  Phone: ++1 (650) 859-3379      Fax: ++1 (650) 859-2743
>   [log in to unmask]        http://www.stanford.edu/~rohlfing/
>
>     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"

---

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
---