From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Vinod Venkatraman
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 7:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Between-run motion estimation

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, your interpretation of my second
question is right. I have 6 runs for each subject and am combining them at
the second level to see activations for this subject. When you say check
higher-level registration report, I am not sure what you are referring to. I
have a folder called inputreg which has the overlap images and those look
good to me. Also, I just specify stats+post-stats option for higher-level
and the registration is turned off here. In my fsf file, I have "Set
fmri(reg_yn) 0". Should this not be the case and should this be 1 instead?

My assumption was that since all images are registered in the lower level to
the standard space, there is no need to do run registration at the higher
levels except apply the estimated transformation values to the statistical
images in normal space. Is this correct?

Also, I am not sure what do you mean by "look at the registration of the two
example_funcs to each other". Are you referring to just overlaying them on
each other to see if they match? I have tried to do this visually using
fslview and there does seem to be some difference between the two images
(esp when comparing run1 and run6). But I am not able to quantify this in
some way or attribute it to poor registration. The summary of registration
output from lower level look similar to me (see my related question below).
And if it is indeed a registration issue, am not sure what I can do to
improve it.

Finally, how should one interpret the registration outputs from FSL
systematically? Any help on this would be useful. I am not sure what the red
areas represent in these outputs.

Thanks once again
Vinod