Hi,

What is the best way to get an estimate of between-run motion when running
analysis in FSL? I understand that FSL performs motion correction within run
(Mcflirt) using the middle volume of the each run as reference. And since
each run is independently registered to the standard space, I suppose there
is no need to do a between-run motion correction as in other packages.
However, is it possible to still get an estimate of this value? My suspicion
is that this can be inferred by looking at the registration outputs
(examplefunc2standard.mat) but am not sure what values to exactly use.

Also, is it possible that between-run motion can cause some form of
mis-registration which could lead to some weird activations on and around
the ventricles, when combining across runs within each subject?

Vinod