From: Saad Jbabdi <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 1:38:17 PM
Subject: Re: [FSL] Arc Tangent of images

Hi Jason -

Calculating the tangent of an angle (in radian) using fsl tools is straightforward if you take advantage of make_dyadic_vectors.
all you need to do is provide two images:

make_dyadic_vectors image1 image2 output
where image2 is all zeros and image1 are your angles x.

then the ouput is a 4D image where the 4th dimension has the following entrie: [sin(x)cos(0); sin(x)sin(0); cos(x)]

then you divide the 1st by the last entry to get the tangent!

for the arctangent, it is a little bit trickier... but i'm not sure which one you really want given your email?

i hope this is helpful...
saad